Friday, September 2, 2011

flower.

Sitting in a field, I see a single flower. Refusing to die off. Fighting to bloom.

The petals reach to the sun and I'm blessed with a teacher of patience, peace, and happiness from the color emerging. Observing, amazed.

Those blooms and moments forever etched in my mind. Making me smile.

Wow, I'm lucky I knew such a feeling.

I only wish I could give this flower what it needs to survive. I begged the universe to give me the ability, and over and over I failed to tap into it. I knew it was the same bloom, but my ability to see the vivid color was gone. What's wrong with me?

I tried buckets of water, and my technicolor vision didn't get better. I let it be, and worse yet. My only hope is that if I let go of you dear flower, that the sun I've been blocking out during dark times will finally find you again. That the rain can finally nourish you, without my hands interfering. It's not easy to admit I can't do the job, it took a long time. I've failed.

Precious petals. I hope my tears haven't poisoned the soil from which you grow. You amaze me.

I'm so sorry.





1 comment:

Labels

My Blog List

My Blog List

Followers