Saturday, June 5, 2010

me.

I am not an amazing person.
But I do believe one person is capable of amazing things.

I am not better than anyone.
But I do want to be better than I was yesterday.

I am not always nice, inspiring, or friendly.
But I do believe the more I try to be, the easier it gets.

I do not care more than others do.
But I do think accomplishing a little, sure beats wishing for a lot.

I refuse to concentrate on despair, how we ignore what we can't see.
But I know by standing up, my visibility will give a voice to those in the shadows.

I am not an army of millions with expensive gear and guns to fight.
But I am a soldier of service, with water...more powerful than weapons.

This battle is not over.

1 comment:

  1. Powerfully written and so incredibly true! A soldier of service... I love that.

    Thank you

    ReplyDelete

Labels

My Blog List

My Blog List

Followers