Saturday, July 25, 2009

mirror.

Mirror mirror on the wall...why don't you speak to me at all?

The words come out of my mouth, guiding others. Sometimes gently, other times with a dash of tough love and a stern tone.

But, reflective one...you stare back at me. Not a peep.

Unyielding.

Unforgiving.

Unable...to answer.

Because you can't speak until I'm ready to listen. Only then will you truly be heard.

But I'm ready.

Guide me.

What's that?

Listen? To what? Don't toy or mock my questions.

Oh, your advice has fallen on deaf ears, you say? Who is it this time, gone astray?

My eyes open wider. Realization shimmering in my tears.

You're right. The reflection speaks of things the soul doesn't want to hear. At least not on the surface.

But now, I listen. To my own advice...coming from your lips, dear reflection. I had blinded myself and tricked my mind into thinking I didn't need it. Didn't need you. Your assistance.

I was wrong. Guide me.

I promise I'll listen this time.

---

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

My Blog List

My Blog List

Followers